Second Sight Films has announced that they’re giving director Adam Wingard’s 2014 thriller The Guest (watch it HERE) a 4K UHD / Blu-ray dual format release on October 25th… a perfect release date, given that the film is set around Halloween. Not only that, it also has nods to Halloween III: Season of the Witch and Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers in it, and has even been described as “Halloween meets The Terminator“. If you’d like to pre-order a copy of the Second Sight release, you can do so at THIS LINK.
While the Blu-ray in this set will be region B, the 4K UHD disc is region free.
Scripted by Simon Barrett, The Guest has the following synopsis:
David is the perfect guest. Friendly and helpful, the charismatic soldier arrives at the Peterson family’s doorstep claiming to have been a friend of their beloved son who recently died in action. The Petersons welcome David into their home and into their lives, but when people in town start dying under mysterious circumstances, their teenage daughter Anna begins to suspect that David isn’t who he claims to be.
Dan Stevens, Maika Monroe, Brendan Meyer, Sheila Kelley, Leland Orser, Lance Reddick, Joel David Moore, and Ethan Embry star.
Here are the details on the Second Sight release:
– Limited Edition of 5,000
– 4K / Blu-ray dual format release
– Brand new grade for both formats supervised by Director Adam Wingard
– UHD presented in Dolby Vision HDR
– New commentary by Director Adam Wingard and Writer Simon Barrett
– Archive commentary by Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
– The Uninvited Guest: a new interview with Actor Dan Stevens
– A Perfect Stranger: a new interview with Actor Maika Monroe
– By Invitation Only: a new interview with Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett
– Producing The Guest: a new interview with Producers Keith Calder and Jess Wu Calder
– Light and Fog: a new interview with Director of Photography Robby Baumgartner
– Lightning Strikes: a new interview with Production Designer Tom Hammock
– The Sounds of The Guest: a new interview with Composer Steve Moore
– Deleted / Alternate Scenes, Outtake Gag with optional Director commentary
Limited Edition Contents
– Rigid slipcase with new artwork by Adam Stothard
– Various Artists Soundtrack CD
– 160 page book with new essays by Tim Coleman, Zena Dixon, Craig Ian Mann and Zoë Rose Smith; Script-to-Screen featuring storyboards and script extracts, Behind-the-Scenes photos and Adam Wingard soundtrack notes
– 6 collectors’ art cards
Exclusive to Second Sight orders
– 3 art card reproductions of the on-set Halloween Dance posters
Images of the release can be seen below: