Whether you’re under a stay-at-home order or not, there’s little doubt that Halloween will be a quite different this year thanks to COVID-19, but Blumhouse Productions are aiming to make it a little easier to have Halloween fun at home with the announcement of the first annual BlumFest.
Taking place on October 29th at 10am PT on Blumhouse’s YouTube and Facebook pages, BlumFest will be a Halloween celebration consisting of virtual panels, sneak previews, updates, as well as announcements from the studio’s genre movies and TV shows. “This year has sidelined a lot for all of us, but Halloween is a treasured season at Blumhouse, so we conceived BlumFest to celebrate with our fans via a virtual event that will feature exclusive interviews and never-before-seen footage on an upcoming release or two,” said Jason Blum, Blumhouse CEO & founder. BlumFest will be hosted and moderated by Rotten Tomatoes editor Jacqueline Coley, and you can check out the festival’s lineup below.
- Welcome to the Blumhouse – Join Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios and Jason Blum for a lively conversation about the successful collaboration between Amazon and Blumhouse on the recently launched films, The Lie, Nocturne, Evil Eye and Black Box. Mamoudou Athie from the film Black Box will join the conversation, along with surprise guests for an announcement or two. The four films are available to stream on Amazon Prime Video now. #WelcomeToTheBlumhouse #BlumFest2020
- The Craft: Legacy – Writer / director Zoe Lister Jones and her film’s coven, stars Cailee Spaeny, Gideon Adlon, Lovie Simone, and Zoey Luna have a bewitching chat about continuing the original film cult hit and reveal secrets from the set. The film is set for an Wednesday, October 28 (midnight EST) release on PVOD and EST in North America, with a planned theatrical release in select international countries. #TheCraft #BlumFest2020
- Freaky – Writer / director Chris Landon; stars Vince Vaughn and Kathryn Newton; and producer Jason Blum talk about the highly anticipated body swapping horror comedy that will arrive in theaters on Friday, November 13 in the US and in select international markets. #FreakyMovie #BlumFest2020
- Halloween Kills – Writer / director David Gordon Green; actress and icon Jamie Lee Curtis; franchise producer Malek Akkad from Trancas Films; producer Bill Block from Miramax; and producer Jason Blum convene to talk about the upcoming film’s October 2021 release. #HalloweenKills #BlumFest2020
- The Good Lord Bird – Executive producer, writer and star, Ethan Hawke, of the critically acclaimed series, and series executive producer Jason Blum discuss their most recent collaboration, which is currently airing on Showtime. #TheGoodLordBird #BlumFest2020
Additionally, there will be a few surprise guests who will share exclusive news about unannounced Blumhouse projects coming soon. I’ve got my fingers crossed that we’ll see a little more from HALLOWEEN KILLS.