You can always ‘count on’ a Duggar to find love. Justin Duggar and his new fiancee, Claire Spivey, just announced they’re engaged and ready to get married.
“There is nothing comparable to finding the one you are meant to spend your life with,” Jim Bob Duggar and Michelle Duggar’s 18-year-old son Justin Duggar told Us Weekly on Monday, November 16, after proposing to his soon-to-be wife, Claire Spivey, 19. “We know we have found that in each other. We cannot wait to be married and are looking forward to a life together of faith in Christ, love for one another and happiness!”
The 19 Kids and Counting alum revealed that he proposed to Claire while celebrating his birthday with her in Texas — after just two months of courting. Want to learn more? Here’s what you need to know about Claire:
1. Her family has been close to the Duggar clan for decades. “Justin and I’s families have known each other for over 20 years, so before he or I were even born, and then we got connected last year,” Claire said in a Counting On clip in Sept., while first announcing their relationship.
2. She met Justin at a family conference. “Me and Claire met at a family conference, not too long ago,” Justin also said in the preview of the Counting On finale. “Several months after, I talked with dad and asked if I could start a relationship with her.” After hearing that, it should come at no surprise to hear that Claire is just as religious as him. “I’m really looking forward to the memories to come spent with him. I’m excited to see what the Lord holds for us in the near future,” she said, per Us Weekly.
3. Justin broke the news of their courtship to his fam over video chat. While out in Texas, Justin joined a video conference call with some of his siblings to tell them the great news. “This is Claire, and we are now in an official relationship,” he said, which resulted in cheers from his family. Though some expressed concern that it might be “difficult” to start a relationship during the COVID-19 pandemic, Justin didn’t seem too worried. “Even though we can’t go out to eat all the time or maybe go bowling or something, I think there are other ways…just spending that quality time together, maybe it’s back at home with the family, we try to be creative and find other ways.”
4. She has “a lot of good qualities,” according to her soon-to-be husband. With love in his eyes, Justin gushed that his now-fiancee is heaven-sent. “Claire has a lot of good qualities, and I can sit here and tell you all of them, but there are so many good things that I see in her. I’m so blessed to have her in my life,” he said. He also said that she’s “really outgoing” and “nice.”
5. They’re ready to say “I Do”. Knowing how quickly Duggar “courtships” go, we shouldn’t be surprised by their public declaration of romance so quickly after revealing their relationship. Justin turned 18 on November 15, so now that he’s old enough to get married, a wedding may soon follow.