Free Guy may have only just hit theaters, but 20th Century Studios have already announced that the Ryan Reynolds film will be available for audiences at home next month. The Free Guy Digital release will take place on September 28th, followed by a 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD release on October 12th. This digital release plan confirms earlier reports that Disney would let Free Guy (as well as Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings) play exclusively in theaters for 45 days before making them available on digital platforms.
20th Century Studios also released a list of goodies that will be included in the Free Guy releases, which you can check out below.
- Deleted and Extended Scenes
- Guy and Buddy Hit the Beach
- Hot Nuts Gets Blown
- NPC Rally (Extended)
- Gag Reel
- Dude vs. Guy – Join Ryan Reynolds, director Shawn Levy and the creative and stunt teams as they reveal the innovative process of creating “Free Guy”’s ultimate showdown between Guy and the wildly amped-up, spray-tanned, frosted-tipped version of himself known as Dude.
- Creating Molotovgirl – Jodie Comer transforms from a brilliant programmer to her fierce avatar in “Free Guy.” Watch as the award-winning action star and filmmakers deconstruct the conceptualization, evolution and execution of bringing Molotovgirl to life.
- It’s Taika’s World – “Free Guy”’s outrageous action may exist in a virtual world, but Taika Waititi makes the real world just as crazy with the over-the-top Antwan. See him at work in this entertaining showcase of a genuinely talented and hilarious performer.
- Welcome to Free City – Delve into the reality-skewing universe that is Free City, as revealed by director Shawn Levy, the cast, and its inventive creative teams. Find out how they transformed a real metropolis into a virtual playground where anything is possible.
Free Guy stars Ryan Reynolds as a bank teller who discovers that he’s actually an NPC in an open-world videogame and decides to become the hero of his own story. In addition to Ryan Reynolds, Free Guy also stars Jodie Comer, Lil Rel Howery, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Joe Keery, Taika Waititi, Camille Kostek, and more. Free Guy is now playing in theaters, so check out a review from our own Chris Bumbray and let us know what you thought of the film as well.