Seth Rogen, James Franco

Seth Rogen has never really spoken publicly about the sexual misconduct allegations against his friend and frequent collaborator, James Franco, until now. In perhaps the biggest sign that Rogen senses some truth to the alleged allegations, the actor has revealed that he has no plans to work with James Franco ever again.

In an interview with “Britain’s Sunday Times“, Rogen revealed that his personal and professional relationship with Franco was been truly affected by the accusations made against the latter in 2014 and again in 2018. Rogen was asked about actress Charlyne Yi’s claim that he was Franco’s “enabler”, particularly referring to her time while working on the Disaster Artist when she expressed discomfort working with Franco following the allegations against him. Rogen says “What I can say is that I despite abuse and harassment, and I would never cover or conceal the actions of someone doing it, or knowingly put someone in a situation where they were around someone like that.”

Rogen was then asked how the scandal affected his relationship with Franco and Rogen went on to say “I can say it, um, you know, it changed many things in our relationship and our dynamic.” He also says it’s “not a coincidence” that his professional relationship with Franco seems to have come to an end, and he said that the allegations have affected their personal friendship as well. That being said, when asked if it was painful that his relationship with Franco has been tarnished, Rogen said “Yeah. But not as painful and difficult as it is for a lot of other people involved. I have no pity for myself in this situation.”

Rogen also expressed regret over a 2014 Saturday Night Live opening monologue where he joked about a 17-year-old girl’s allegation that Franco had direct messaged her on Instagram to meet up. During the monologue, Rogen says “I posed as a girl on Instagram, told him I was way young. He seemed unfazed. I have a date to meet him at the Ace Hotel.” In regards to that joke, Rogen said “However, I do look back at a joke I made on Saturday Night Live in 2014 and I very much regret making that joke. It was a terrible joke, honestly.”

More allegations of sexual misconduct were made against Franco in 2018 when several students at his former acting school accused him of intimidating them into sexual situations. The allegations, which have vehemently been denied by Franco, turned into a lawsuit, which was settled in February, 2021. Despite those allegations, Rogen has said in past interviews that he would continue to work with Franco but Rogen looks back on those interviews and says “And I also look back to that interview in 2018 where I commented that I would keep working with James, and the truth is that I have not and I do not plan to right now.”

Franco hasn’t responded publicly to Rogen’s latest interview and has been relatively under the radar since the allegations regarded his former acting school emerged in 2018. The actor did address the allegations when they first made headlines during appearances on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Late Night with Seth Meyers. At the time Franco said, “I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say just because I believe in it that much.” Since then, it has been virtual radio silence from Franco and, for some, that silence speaks volumes about his potential guilt. You can look at Rogen taking his stance as protecting his personal interests or simply discovering things about his friend that have made him uneasy but, at the end of the day, his separation from Franco is the biggest sign that a comeback is not in store for the actor anytime soon.

What are YOUR thoughts on Seth Rogen’s decision to not work with James Franco again?





Source link

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here