I’ve never actually been on a roller coaster before, but I’m sure that the Jurassic World VelociCoaster, which is said to be “Florida’s fastest and tallest launch coaster,” would be a good one to start out on. Right? Universal Orlando Resort has officially unveiled the Jurassic World VelociCoaster, which will be launching in Summer 2021. The above teaser doesn’t offer actual footage from the upcoming attraction, merely a conceptual peek, but I’d by lying if I didn’t admit that my stomach turned a bit during the 80 degree drop.
The Jurassic World VelociCoaster has been under constuction for quite some time and has been described as a “new species of coaster” that will send guests rocketing up more than 150 feet in the air at speeds of 70 mph. The ride will also “feature an original story that expands upon the thrills, dinosaurs and environments fans have seen on the big screen,” and include footage of JURASSIC WORLD cast-members, including Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing, and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu. Here’s a few VelociCoaster facts via Universal Orlando Resort.
- Accelerate through two pulse-pounding launches, the fastest reaching 70 mph in 2.4 seconds.
- Encounter a one-of-a-kind, 360-degree barrel roll right above the Islands of Adventure lagoon
- Experience a zero-gravity inverted stall that will send riders upside down across 100 feet of track in a jaw-dropping maneuver that is the first of its kind
- Go airborne during the towering “Top Hat,” which propels riders 155 feet in the air and then immediately into an 80 degree drop – Universal’s steepest drop yet
- Brace for a total of 12 heart-pounding seconds of airtime – the thrilling sensation of weightlessness riders feel when they’re lifted from their seats – throughout the entire adventure
Sounds absolutely terrifying/amazing, depending on where you stand on roller coasters. The next film in the franchise, JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, is slated to hit theaters on June 11, 2021.